|Home||» Products||» Electronic Rust Protection||» Electronic Rust Protection|
Electronic Rust Protection
The offered Electronic Rust Protection material is effective in preventing trucks, buses and cars against corrosion. Featured with four indicator lights, this product is appreciated for its energy efficient functioning. It ABS made enclosure is protected against high as well as low temperature. The reverse polarity protection mechanism of this product is useful to avoid incorrect correction to its batteries. The metal oxide made varistor of this Electronic Rust Protection system helps to avert damages caused by lightening and transient spikes of starter motor and alternator of vehicle engines.
- Designed by certified engineers with over 40 years experience in electronic rust protection and electronic rust prevention.
- RustStop® RS-5 uses a dual technology to be effective in both wet and dry conditions.
- The Anodes (Rust MagnetsTM) give customers visual proof that the system is working;
- Suitable for New and Used vehicles;
- It helps protect the entire car, inside and outside, which sprays cannot do;
- Independent test results that show RustStop® RS-5 inhibits approximately 76% of rust (i.e. increase life by over 400%).
- RustStop® RS-5 even helps control formed rust from spreading via electronic rust control;
- As spray on coatings only protect the particular area they cover, they are prone to being worn off and need to be maintained on a regular basis.Electronic rust proofing will compliment any other undercoating or spray-on type rust proofing, increasing your protection, as rust protection electronic can only improve your rust defence.
- Transferrable from vehicle to vehicle;
- Simple 5-Step Installation, no special tools needed;
- Available in 12V and 24V models suitable for cars, trucks, buses, trucks etc.;
- RustStop® RS-5 has four indicator lights i.e. Operate Light, Fault Light, Max Output and Battery Low Light.
- Uses less battery current than most vehicle alarm systems;
- Will not interfere with other electrical installations;
- Ten (10) Year Warranty
- Testing and Testimonials
- Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom
- Shogun Testing Facilities
- Electronics Incorporated (Safety Tests)
- Sapref (Shell and BP, South African Petroleum Refineries)
- Engen Refinery
- Flamingo Plant Hire (A Barloworld Company)
- AA Motorist Magazine (Did an article on the effectiveness of ERP)
- The Electronic Components are contained in a high quality ABS approved enclosure, which can withstand very low temperatures as well as the very high temperatures in the engine compartment.
- The Output Voltage on the anodes is stepped up to between 40 - 47 Volts DC, in comparison to the usual 12 Volts output from all other units on the market.
- The unit has reverse polarity protection against incorrect connection to the battery.
- A Metal Oxide Varistor is used to protect the unit from damage against lightening and transient spikes from the alternator and starter motor.
- Components from companies such as Phillips and Hewlett Packard are used to ensure a quality product, hence we offer a limited 10 YEAR WARRANTY on the electronics.
- The current drawn is between 10 - 35mA.
Technical Specifications :
12 Volt DC (6V/24V avail.)
Approx. 10 - 35mA
Flame Retardent ABS
510g (12V), 680g (24V)
Control Module Weight
160g (12V), 180g (24V)
21 x 15 x 4cm
(+) 40 - 47 Volts
RUSTSTOP HAS NO ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS:
- RustStop will not drain your battery or reduce its life span. In fact it acts as a dual-purpose medium by warning you by an indicate facility that your battery requires charging or replacement. The unit when operational draws less current than most alarm systems;
- RustStop will compliment any anti-rusting method already carried out on the vehicle such as rubberizing although it does entirely eliminate the necessity for this messy process.
- RustStop is safe and will not cause electrical shocks if a person touches the vehicle.
- RustStop is environmentally friendly.
- Even when fitted incorrectly, RustStop could never accelerate rusting.